A substantial number of people act as an Executor every year, however, many people are still unaware of the responsibilities that come with the role. This guide aims to explain what it means to be an Executor, as well as what tasks could be involved. It also shares the risks you’ll face in the role, and inform you of your options when it comes to acting as an Executor.
The guide covers:
- You've been named as an Executor: what does this mean?
- How do you know if you've been named as an Executor?
- Understanding the role of an Executor
- Your responsibilities as an Executor
- Case study: How to avoid a hefty Inheritance Tax bill
- The estate administration tasks and responsibilities required of the Executor
- Your options as an Executor
- The do-it-yourself (DIY) approach
- Instructing a professional
- How Kings Court Trust can help
- A glossary of the key terms associated with the role